Friday, March 28, 2008

To Thank Our Benefactors…

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my many friends, old and new, who have provided such generous and loving support to me and Oregon Dachshund Rescue. I started my thank-you’s in our March/April newsletter, and found that I could have filled the entire paper. So, as I promised in the newsletter, here is the rest of my list:

To my wonderful son Christopher Green…thank you for being my rock and for all you do….most recently purchasing computer upgrade equipment for me.

Kelly Cantwell provided beautiful blankets, clothes, soap and treats. These will be much enjoyed by our Dachshunds.

Thank you, Don Large, for the treats, treats, treats and generous donations.

Ms. Pamela Perry arranged for payroll deductions from the Oregonian. Payments will be made through “United Way”. Thank you!

I appreciate my pet attorney, Geordie Duckler. He provides discounts on my rescue bill.

To my friends Dale and Leslie Caveness who keep those piddle pads coming in, I want to send my thanks. Leslie also sent me data and research on micro chipping that I really appreciate.

Gina Maloney offered real estate services for me, and then provided a load of pea gravel along with labor for the Doxie yard.

Hugs to Barbara Young for consistent donations and networking.

To Ken Chase and Carol Korgan, thank you so much for your supportive longtime friendship, donations and mostly for adopting the “WONDER DOG MILO’’.

Thank you, Ken Hick, for your donations and carpet cleaning service.

A very special person adopted one of our disabled Dachies. Thank you, Mer Manson, for your big heart and donations.

Doxie rescue angel Terra Merget gave a very generous donation to our vet bill for a dachshund that was attacked by a large dog and needed urgent care.

Dear friend, Jack Robbins, thank you for your donations and great emails of support in times when I am feeling sad.

Doxie kisses to Jessica Bushman! Jessica adopted one eyed Milo – a big beautiful red standard boy who is very much loved. Milo and her other doxie Ruby will were in the “Boutiques Unleashed” fashion show at Dove Lewis. Jessica also made a $1,000 donation to pay vet bills, buy new cages and blankets and bones.

Thanks Kisha Turner for your generous donations and great emails. You are a blessing.

To our consistent donor, Lisa Keppinger, thanks for being there for us.

Tami and Julie gave a generous donation for the Doxies and moral support to me.
Lisa Hudanich and “Rudy” have been a source of many kind words, encouragement, and consistent donations. I appreciate you both so much.

My generous friends Lisa and Ron Haworth have provided consistent generous donations. Thank you, thank you.

Thank you , Michael Emert, for accounting services.

I could never forget Lori Jenkins for consistent and generous donations, and always good wishes and encouragement.

To wonderful Kathy McFerrin, who takes care of the caretaker (me). Your friendship, thoughtfulness, donations, and taking me to lunch, dinner, concerts and plays when I get overwhelmed have meant the world to me.

Marie and Bryan Jones have personally paid several vet bills, along with donating new blankets, toys, treats, clothes, soap, paper towels and much more.

Thank you, Carole Rohrer, for the lovely handmade Doxie coats and blankets.

Debra Wood has written some great articles about ODR for the Oregonian. Thank you!

I am grateful to Michael Yonker for his heartwarming emails and support.

Thank you, Mary Randall, for donations, and treats for me (Jenell!). You are so sweet!

Beverly Bristol has been great. She donated money for the rescue, plus treats and blankets.

Kisha Turner – thank you for your generous donations and great emails of support. I am thankful that you adopted one of my special rescues that you were willing to work with.

My gratitude goes to Patty Cates for emails of encouragement, along with donations of money and treats for the dogs.

Hugs to you, Suzanne Heim, owner of Lexi Dog, for your support and encouragement.

Generous donations for the rescues came from Trina Denson. Thank you!

Very important to me…..thank you to my dog walkers: Jeff Kimaletto, Coral Thomas, Chanelle Freese, Beth Becker and Sean Kelly

Thank you to my beautiful granddaughter, Taylor Fletcher, for creating my mailing list.

Gracious Irene Lewis paid various vet bills for our Doxies that needed immediate care when we were short on funds. Thank you.

Many thanks to Elizabeth Farr for your donations and supplying me with postage stamps when needed.

Contributions from Kira Sykes and Patti Galle helped provide care for homeless dachsies. Dachsie kisses to you.

Konrad Brandt has made several donations to us, and one very special and generous gesture to save a Doxie life, when he made a donation directly to the vet for immediate care when it had been attacked. Thank you so much!

Thank you to the Micciche family for their thoughtful and much needed donations.

Please read our March/April newsletter for other special people that I recognized.

I know there have been others. My cup of mercies runs over, Please let me know if you have been missed so that I can acknowledge and appreciate you here.

With love and gratitude,
Jenell Rangan
President and Founder
Oregon Dachshund Rescue

2 comments:

sward4evr said...

here's a true story about my doxie boy henry durham(hank) i knew he was smart, tenacious,helpful...but i didn't knw about his geek skills.
my computer froze up--rock solid--today.neither i nor the friend i called for help could figure out what to do. i was on the verge of calling comcast for help when henry climbed up the cat tree to my desk and walked over to my laptop. he put his paw on the keys, his a couple of keys, walked onto the keyboard and sat down. i was just going to lift him off the board(duh) when i saw the "close" icon come up on the screen. henry climbed into my lap, got down to the floor walked nonchalantly to his water dish--the computer was"unfrozen" and has beenever since.
nobody can tell me that dachshunds aren't the smartest breed ever!

Anonymous said...

Jenell, thank you for being WILLING to take on my friend's puppy "Murphy" when Barb (Darling Dachshunds) sent you the story. You'll be glad to know that we found him the PERFECT home on Saturday without having to "bother" you...a home where there is another dachsie who was lonely and needed a friend! It was such a perfect set-up and we are so pleased.
Chris Patterson

For our fist time bloggers

Greetings,
For anyone who is new to blogs, here are quick instructions on how to post.
Below every post (body of text) there is a small link that says "Comments".
Clicking on "Comments" will take you to a window where you can type a message, post a cute doxie picture/video or link to you own dachshund loving blog or website. It's that easy!