Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The simple things in life...


Anyone who owns a doxie knows the joys (ahem, not!) of house breaking a dachshund. My red smooth male, Flash, marks as many places he can, including my bed! Prior to getting Flash, my black and tan girl doxie, Cloe, slept in my bed every night. Now with Flash, I don't dare let him near my down comforter or my pillow. But, thanks to a suggestion from Dorthy and Betty I purchased Flash a belly band, or male diaper. Last night I slept with Cloe and Flash and remembered that the simple things in life, like sleeping with a dachshund, is the most rewarding.
Live Pawsitively,
-Amanda

4 comments:

Betty said...

Aaaw Amanda....Flash is so cute. How old is he? Is he neutered? I am glad the belly band is allowing you to have more cuddle time again.

Amanda Mokē said...

Flash turned 3 on Halloween. He is neutered. He grew up with more than twenty dogs, so I suspect it had to mark what was "his" a lot. I know he'll get it down soon, and if not it's nothing a few paper towels can't fix :)

Sparky said...

GREAT pic! Love the story. :)
I had a housemate who had a dachshund male who made it his life's mission to potty on my down comforter. Flash sounds much less mischievious and is soooo stinkin' cute!

Anonymous said...

I had never heard about belly bands so I had a friend check it out and she was able to make me a couple. What a difference that made so thanks for posting this story. Great Job!

For our fist time bloggers

Greetings,
For anyone who is new to blogs, here are quick instructions on how to post.
Below every post (body of text) there is a small link that says "Comments".
Clicking on "Comments" will take you to a window where you can type a message, post a cute doxie picture/video or link to you own dachshund loving blog or website. It's that easy!